- 4 x 200 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsps of cornflour
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds
- 1/3 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed & halved
- 2 x 250g packets of microwave brown rice and quinoa mix
- 1 orange, halved & thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
One thing we definitely know for sure is that one-pot meals mean less washing up and if that's not an incentive to make this tasty sticky salmon recipe tonight for dinner then we don't know what is!
Ready in just 20 minutes, this dish is a lifesaver when you're in a hurry and tastes super yummy (we guarantee the whole family will not only love it, but be licking the orange-y goodness off their plates).
Try it out for yourself!
1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook it for 3 minutes each side or until it's browned.
2. Meanwhile, combine the cornflour, garlic, fennel seeds, stock, orange juice and maple syrup in a medium jug, before seasoning it with salt and pepper. Add the maple mixture to pan and sprinkle with asparagus. Cook this for 4 minutes or until the salmon is cooked just the way you like it and the sauce thickens.
3. Meanwhile, cook the rice mix following packet directions.
4. Top the salmon with sliced orange and decorate it with mint. Serve with the rice mix and dig in!