Terms and conditions
Black Friday Promotion:
Take a further 20% off store wide online*.
Discount available from Midnight Thursday 26th of November 2020 to Midnight Sunday 29th November AEST on in stock items only.
*Excludes Gifts, electrical and layby, not available with any other offer.
Your 20% discount is applied automatically in the cart.
“$20 off when you spend $60 or more with LatitudePay” Online only.*
*To redeem this offer, select LatitudePay at checkout and the discount will be deducted at the LatitudePay Payment Schedule. Offer is for single use only. Online only. Minimum spend $60. Offer ends 06/12/2020.”
WebsiteBy allowing you to access the Website, Matchbox grants to you a license on the terms below. Your use of, or access to this Website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with these terms and conditions. By continuing to use, or access this Website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please do not use this Website if you do not agree to these terms and conditions. Since you are bound by these terms and conditions, you should periodically refer to them.
You may sign up to become a Member of the Website through the creation of an account. Membership is free and requires agreement to these terms and conditions. Please refer to the Secret Cooking Club section of this web page.
It is a condition of use of this website that you must keep your login details secure and not disclose them to any other person or organisation.
Purchases can be made through the Website via your account or as a guest. Your purchase amount including postage will be totaled at the checkout. Completion of the checkout process requires your approval of the final prices and these terms and conditions before the payment transaction proceeds.
Membership and viewing of this Website are open to persons of any age, anywhere in the world. However, only persons over the age of 18 may purchase from the Website and delivery can only be made to Australian residential or business addresses.
While using the Website, it is a condition of use that you agree not to interfere with, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the website, or to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Website.
While we will endeavour to supply to you the colour that you have ordered, for some smaller items this is not always possible due to the fast turnover of product.
Product Availability & Pricing
Offers are available for the advertised duration of the marketing campaign or while stocks last. Accessories and food items used for styling and display purposes in photographs are not for sale with the product. Whilst Matchbox will make every effort to ensure we have sufficient stock of advertised items, we cannot take responsibility for any unforeseen failures to deliver by suppliers.
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions, and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or canceling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as canceled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Where applicable, prices are inclusive of GST. Delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the 'Total Cost'.
Our website or communications may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We, therefore, reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to refuse to fill any orders that you may place based on information on our website of from communications from Matchbox that may contain errors or inaccuracies, including, without limitation, errors, inaccuracies or out-of-date information regarding pricing, shipping, payment terms, or return policies.
Please note: not all products are available at all Matchbox stores. Products including electrical, Maxwell & Williams and Riedel are not available at Matchbox DFO or Brandsmart stores. Please check with your local store for details. If you choose to order one of these products online and select the Click and Collect option, we will endeavour to have this item(s) available to you. This is not guaranteed and we may contact you to organise an alternative delivery method.
Matchbox will endeavour to have all advertised products in stock for the duration of the sale, however, they are only available while stocks last. If you order an item that has become out of stock or is not available for any other reason, we will contact you as soon as possible. In the circumstances of an item being out of stock, you may choose a refund or exchange for another product.
If you opt for an exchange and the exchanged item costs more than the original purchase, you will be required to make payment for the difference before your order can be sent. If the exchanged item costs less than the original purchase, you will receive a refund for the difference.
If you choose to receive a full refund for an out-of-stock item, you will receive a refund via the same method as your original payment.
Matchbox regularly monitors stock levels and will endeavour to mark out-of-stock items with Sold Out as soon as possible.
Product prices exclude postage charges as they will be calculated based on your completed order at checkout. Our standard shipping rates do not include insurance. Matchbox is not responsible for any damage, destruction or loss of goods after departure from our premises. You also have the option to select insured shipping via Australia Post.
Matchbox ships with Australia Post. If you have received a tracking number, track your order here.
If noone is present when Australia Post attempts delivery, they will either leave your consignment in a safe place, or leave a calling card and make the consignment available for collection from a nearby Australia Post retail outlet, according to your preference.
We will endeavour to ensure goods are delivered to you within the timeframes outlined for Standard delivery, however we will not be liable for late delivery by Australia Post. Late delivery does not entitle you to cancel the purchase. Matchbox's obligations in relation to delivery end when goods are collected by Australia Post for delivery to your nominated delivery point.
Alternatively, you may choose the Click and Collect option during checkout and nominate a Matchbox store where you can pick up your order. If you choose the Click and Collect option, a staff member from your chosen store will call you when your goods are ready to be picked up. From placement of order, it may take up to 2 days to have your order ready for collection. If your order will take longer, due to out of stock or any other issue, a staff member will call to advise you.
Goods will be stored at the nominated Matchbox store for no more than 2 weeks. If your goods remain uncollected after 2 weeks, a staff member will contact you and you may choose to pay extra to have the goods delivered otherwise the goods will be put back into stock and you will be refunded your order, minus a cancellation charge equal to 15% of the value of the purchase (but not less than $15.00 and not more than $50.00) will be charged.
For more information on postage, please visit the Shipping section of the Website.
All prices are in Australian dollars including GST. We accept Mastercard and Visa through our secure eWAY payment gateway or with PayPal. When paying via PayPal you can also utilise any method of payment linked to your PayPal account, including credit cards, your PayPal account balance or your linked bank account.
For more information on payment, please visit the Secure Payment Options section of the Website.
Matchbox will take great care to ensure that our pricing on the Website is accurate at all times, however we reserve the right to correct, alter and update our pricing and delivery charges at anytime.
Prices on the Website and in a Matchbox store may occasionally differ. It is not guaranteed that prices on the Website and in store will be the same.
If you order an item that does not have the correct pricing, we will inform you of the new price as soon as possible and request your instructions before processing the sale. An online order is not officially processed until it is sent to a Matchbox store and processed through the sale system. Until this time, we reserve the right to remove this item from sale.
You may choose to have your order refunded if you are not happy with the new notified price of a product.
Gift Cards purchased from Matchbox stores or matchbox.com.au can only be used in Matchbox stores. Click here for store locations. Gift cards can be purchased at matchbox.com.au but are not currently valid for use on matchbox.com.au
Gift card purchase and usage
Treat Matchbox gift cards like cash. Defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen cards will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed. Our gift cards are redeemable for the purchase of merchandise at participating Matchbox stores only. Matchbox gift cards are not redeemable for cash. Must be redeemed within 12 months of the date of issue. Will be void and may not be redeemed after expiry period. This card is partially redeemable, any unused balance will be returned in the form of a store credit. Unused balance on expiry of this card will not be refunded or credited. Purchases exceeding available balance require the difference to be paid by another method. We reserve the right to change the terms in these terms & conditions at any time.
Matchbox stocks premium quality kitchenware, cookware and appliances, many of which have their own warranties, some are for a lifetime! If a product you order is received in faulty condition or is not as shown to you on the Website, you are entitled to a refund, repair, exchange or credit.
Refunds & Returns
If a product you order becomes faulty or breaks after you have received and used it, you can submit a Warranty Claim with Matchbox.
If, for whatever reason, you change your mind or you are not entirely happy with your purchase from the Website, we can offer you an exchange or refund within 30 days of purchase, excluding delivery and re-delivery costs, for items which meet the Change of Mind Return criteria.
Please note, for purchases made at Matchbox stores, we will exchange, credit note or refund your item(s) in-store on the following terms: they are presented with a Matchbox register receipt within 14 days of purchase; and they are unused and in the original packaging and condition in which they were purchased.
For full details on Refunds, Warranty Claims and Change of Mind Returns, please visit the Refund Policy section of the Website.
All registered Website members and guests consent to the information they submit being entered into the Matchbox Secret Cooking Club database & that Matchbox, Matchbox franchisees & Matchbox employees may use this information to send future marketing materials to you.
Any products sold on the Website are final at the time your order is processed and dispatched from a Matchbox store and not at the time of providing a confirmation receipt of your online transaction.
Conditions of Sale
If there are any difficulties with fulfilling your order, particularly with an item being out of stock, we will contact you as soon as possible. Matchbox will endeavour to satisfactorily resolve any issues with fulfilling your order within a reasonable timeframe.
All products remain the property of Matchbox until your order has been processed and dispatched.
The Website design, text, graphics, programming and all other content on the Website are © 2018, Matchbox Franchising Pty Ltd, all rights reserved.
Matchbox - The Secret Recipe is a trademarked and registered business, owned by Matchbox Franchising Pty Ltd.
Permission is granted to electronically copy or to print hard copy sections of this Website only for the purpose of placing an order with matchbox.com.au or for using this site as a shopping resource for any Matchbox store.
Any other use of materials on this site, including copying of images and text, reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission of Matchbox Franchising Pty Ltd is strictly prohibited.
All trademarked names, logos and images (Marks) used on the Website are either owned by Matchbox Franchising Pty Ltd or their respective owners have granted Matchbox Franchising Pty Ltd the right to use such Marks.
Links on Matchbox websites to external entities are not covered within these terms and conditions, they only cover matchbox.com.au. Matchbox will not take responsibility for the content on linked sites or your use of those sites, as you enter any other website at your own risk.
The content on this Website including the information, products, images, text and graphics plus the services offered through this Website, are provided without warranty. To the extent permitted by law, Matchbox disclaims all representations and warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to such information, services, products and materials, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement and freedom from computer virus.
Limitation of LiabilitySubject to your rights under Australian Consumer Law, Matchbox & its associated companies will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of purchasing product from the Website. By becoming a member of this Website or when placing an order on the Website, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and as such release Matchbox & its associated companies from any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Matchbox reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time.
If you have recently registered as a Cooking Club Member in-store, your online login may take up to 7 working days to be created and ready for use.
The Cooking Club
If you have recently registered as a Cooking Club Member online, your in-store account may take up to 7 working days to be created and ready for use. Please also allow 7 working days to collect your Cooking Club card from your nominated store. Matchbox recommends contacting your preferred store before collection. Click here for store contact details.
The Cooking Club rewards points are now also issued for purchases made on matchbox.com.au.
If you just received a $25 voucher for spending over $500 at Matchbox, please visit a Matchbox store to redeem. The voucher will be credited to your Cooking Club account. You will not receive a printed voucher. Vouchers and credits are not yet redeemable via matchbox.com.au.
Log into your Cooking Club account to check your rewards point status from purchases made at Matchbox stores.
For questions about your online order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t receive a tracking number via your email address, Matchbox is not responsible or liable.
Matchbox limits all liability to the value of your particular order to the extent permitted under the Australian Consumer Law.
Matchbox Cooking Club Terms & Conditions:
- In these terms & conditions Matchbox means Matchbox Franchising Pty Ltd ABN 23 160 029 862 and includes, where appropriate, Matchbox’s employees, agents, contractors & associated companies.
- Card means the Matchbox Cooking Club Card or Keytag, issued in accordance with these terms & conditions.
- Cardholder means a person who has applied for, and been issued with, a Cooking Club Card or Keytag.
- The Cooking Club means the member rewards programme run by Matchbox.
- By applying for & accepting the Card, the applicant agrees to be bound by these terms & conditions and any variations to them; agrees to participate in the Cooking Club and agrees to receive information from Matchbox.
- To apply for the Card, the applicant must: a. have previously signed up online for the Cooking Club, which will pre-register your details, then visit a Matchbox store to collect your Card; OR b. have previously provided their details for a Matchbox layby, which will pre-register your details, then visit a Matchbox store to collect your Card.
- Only individuals can apply for a Card. A Cardholder may hold 1 Card only.
- A Cardholder’s Card is for use by the Cardholder only.
- Matchbox reserves the right to change the Cooking Club terms & conditions without notice to Cardholders. Please check the terms & conditions viewable at matchbox.com.au regularly for any changes. Continued use of the Secret Cooking Club Card will be deemed acceptance of those changes.
- To use the Card, Cardholders must present their Card to staff every time you make a purchase at Matchbox.
- For every $500 that you spend, using your Cooking Club Card, you will receive a $25 voucher to spend in store.
- Cardholders can check their spend progress by presenting their Card in store; or checking at Matchbox.com.au.
- Reward vouchers (Vouchers) earned by Cardholders during the Period will be loaded onto their Card within a reasonable timeframe. In most cases, Cardholders will receive email notification of the voucher and it’s amount.
- Vouchers are redeemable by simply presenting your Card in a Matchbox store at the time of a purchase by the Cardholder.
- Vouchers must be used by the notified expiry (6 months after issue). Vouchers are for use by the Cardholder only and not transferable for cash. Vouchers cannot be used for layby payments or in conjunction with any other offer.
- We recommend that Cardholders add the email email@example.com to their email address book, to help prevent emails from Matchbox being filtered out as spam or junk. All notifications from Matchbox are sent by email. We take no responsibility for lost or misdirected emails.
- Cardholders can access their Cooking Club details to track spending, change personal details or check for unredeemed vouchers by visiting a Matchbox store and presenting their Card.
- Matchbox holds and uses a Cardholder’s personal information for the purpose of managing the Cooking Club. Matchbox is bound by the Information Privacy Principles in the Information Privacy Act 2001 (Vic). All personal details of the entrants shall be stored and administered by Matchbox. A request to access/update/correct/cancel any information can be presented in a Matchbox store or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matchbox is not responsible for stolen or lost Cards, including their fraudulent use or voucher redemption. The Cardholder must report a lost or stolen card to Matchbox Head Office immediately on 03 9529 5911 or by emailing email@example.com. The Cardholders card will be cancelled and a new Card issued.
- Matchbox shall not be liable in any way if advertised benefits or promotions are unavailable as a result of technical malfunction, operator fault, short supply from supplier(s) or errors from computer hardware or software.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, Matchbox and its associated companies, gives no warranty and shall have no liability in respect of goods or services provided to Cardholders.
- Matchbox makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as prizes as part of the Cooking Club.
- Matchbox may, at it’s absolute discretion & without providing reasons, accept or refuse an application for a Card.
- Cardholder rights are valid until terminated or cancelled by Matchbox (in its absolute discretion) or until the Cardholder notifies Matchbox that he or she wishes to terminate their card. This can be done in store or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing to Matchbox Head Office North Rd Ormond VIC 3204
- For the avoidance of doubt, these terms & conditions supersede and replace any and all previous terms & conditions related to the Secret Cooking Club.
We understand that there is a fault in Maxwell & Williams' Daintree mugs which were available from our website and/or store. It has been found that it may cause cracking when exposed to hot liquid.
If you have purchased these mugs, please discontinue use and return your mug(s) to the place of purchase for a full refund. Alternatively please contact Maxwell & Williams customer service on 03 9318 0466 or email@example.com for assistance.
Phone: 03 9576 8155
Matchbox Head Office
431 North Rd Ormond VIC 3204