If you do not wish to provide personal information to us then you do not have to do so, but it may affect your use of this website or the products and services offered on it.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are at all times aware of the current policy. This policy is effective from 14th May 2014.
We may ask you to provide the following information:
Collection of personal information
- your full name;
- contact information, including email address;
- date of birth;
- demographic information such as billing address, delivery address, postcode;
- preferences, interests and opinions;
- information relevant to customer surveys and/or promotions;
- payment details;
We do not collect sensitive information about visitors to our website.
If we receive your personal information from third parties, we will protect it as set out in this policy.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
How we collect personal information
- directly from you, as you are willingly provide it to create an account or sign up for our newsletter;
- the shopping cart order form, if you choose to purchase as a guest;
- the Contact Us email form on matchbox.com.au;
- other forms on matchbox.com.au including Secret Cooking Club Form, Feedback Form, Register Your Interest Form and Job Application Form;
- competition entry forms, if you choose to enter;
- from third parties, that we utilise as part of our business processes; and
- via automated systems that collect usage, purchase patterns and other statistical data.
We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including:
Use of personal information
- to fulfil the delivery of products and services;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to provide a more personalised experience, including answering any queries;
- to protect against fraud and theft;
- to provide information on news, events and promotions;
- to enter into optional competitions, including contacting you if you are a winner;
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- for market research and business development including website development;
- marketing including direct marketing; and
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
Under certain circumstances, your information may be disclosed to Matchbox franchisees, Matchbox employees and third parties. If this occurs, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy.
We may disclose personal information:
Disclosure of personal information
- for the purpose of providing services to customers;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to third parties, including our franchisees, agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located outside of Australia
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Controlling your personal information
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes; and
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any personal information found to be incorrect so that the personal information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach then please email us at email@example.com setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Storage and Security
We utilise a number of procedures to ensure your personal information remains secure, including:
- secure payment gateway options via eWay;
- SSL encryption of sensitive payment information; and
- we do not store your credit card or other payment details.
Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
Amendments to this policy
Additional information on the Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles is available at: www.oaic.gov.au
If you have any questions or issues relating to your privacy or would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact us at:
Privacy contact details
The Trustee for Matchbox Franchising Unit Trust (ABN 23 160 029 862)
Level 1, 431 North Rd
Ormond, VIC, 3204
(03) 9576 8155
For more information, please visit the Terms and Conditions section of our website.