- 2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 50g of dark chocolate, chopped
- 20g of butter, melted
The only acceptable way to finish a fantastic dinner, is to follow it with an even better dessert. That's where these churros style pastry twists come in.
Not only are they super easy to make, you'll be the favourite parent immediately as no one will be able to resist dunking (and then double dipping) them into the perfectly warmed chocolate sauce. No seriously. We can almost promise you.
Perfect for sharing with friends, or eating them all by yourself, these are sure to be a big hit with the family and will absolutely warm you up during Winter.
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cut each sheet of pastry into 10 strips and twist them about 4-5 times each. Once finished, place them on the prepared trays and bake them for 14 minutes or until they're nicely golden and puffy.
3. While the twists are baking, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a large shallow dish. Place the cream and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat, cooking and stirring it for 3-4 minutes or until it's both smooth and combined.
4. Once the pastry strips have finished baking, brush them with melted butter and roll them in cinnamon sugar so that they're evenly coated.
5. Serve them with the chocolate dipping sauce and you've got yourself a new favourite dessert!