- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 2 tsps cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 300ml tub thickened cream
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 passionfruit, halved
Guaranteed to be the best part of your day this pavlova is super fluffy and full of sugary goodness.
1. Preheat your oven to 120°C, and using a pencil, mark a 20cm circle on a sheet of baking paper. Line a baking tray with the baking paper, pencil side down.
2. Using an electric mixer (or you can use a whisk if you want to feel your arms burn), beat the egg whites until firm iceberg-y peaks form. Gradually beat in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sugar is dissolved after each addition.
3. Add the cornflour, vanilla, and vinegar and beat again for another 30 seconds. Spoon the meringue mixture into the prepared tray, using the circle as a guide. Smooth the edges using a spatula.
4. Lick the mixture off all of the beaters (go on, you deserve it).
5. Bake the meringue for 1 1/2 hours or until it's firm but not browned. Turn the oven off and let it cool, with the door ajar, for 1 hour. Then, take it out of the oven to let it cool completely at room temperature.
6. Using the electric mixer again, beat the cream until more fluffy, iceberg-y peaks form. Plop the cream onto the pavlova (the more cream the better) and top it with your favourite fruits, including strawberries, bananas and passionfruit!
7. Serve immediately and try not to salivate.