FOR THE TACOS
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless + skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chilli powder (you don't have to use this if your little ones aren't about that spice life)
- 2 tsp cumin
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Thinly sliced onion
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded cheese (pick your favourite)
- Diced avocados
- Fresh cilantro (to serve)
- Lime wedges (to serve)
Who doesn't love tacos amirite? Not only are tacos one of the tastiest meals you could cook for dinner, they're also one of the easiest. No seriously, this recipe only has three steps.
Perfect for fussy eaters, Mexican food lovers and everyone in between, try this simple chicken taco recipe for a dinner that will delight the whole family!
Alternatively, if you wanna try a twist on this classic favourite, see our recipe here for tacos done spicy Korean style!
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper before adding it to the skillet.
2. Cook the chicken until golden, or roughly 6 minutes. Add the spices and stir until the chicken is fully coated, again roughly about a minute more.
3. Now for the fun part, building the tacos! In the tortillas, layer the chicken and desired toppings.
4. Serve with lime wedges for an extra bite or cilantro (if you're into that).