- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into roughly 2cm pieces
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 400g tub kimchi, drained
- 1 carrot, peeled + cut into long matchsticks
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into long matchsticks
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbs sriracha or chilli sauce
- 1 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbs honey
When it's warm outside, the sun's setting and the cicada's are chirping no one really feels like a heavy meal. The hearty beef bolognese and pork roasts are gone and in their place comes the Korean-Style Chicken Tacos.
Perfect for those lazy, can't really be bothered cooking days, this family meal is bound to impress even the toughest of little critics (who doesn't love tacos?!) and requires minimal effort.
Have your family loving their dinner with this simple and easy recipe!
1. To make the marinade, combine the sriracha or chilli sauce (maybe do half-half just to spice it up. Pun intended), soy sauce and honey in a large bowl.
2. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Set aside for 5 mins to develop all the juicy flavours.
4. Add one-quarter of the chicken to the wok or pan and stir-fry for 3 mins or until golden and cooked through. Transfer it to a bowl.
5. Repeat the process in three more batches with the remaining chicken and sesame oil.
6. Return the chicken to the wok or pan with the reserved marinade and bring it to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the sauce thickens.
7. Meanwhile, heat a chargrill on high. Cook the tortillas, in batches, for 30 secs each side or until lightly charred and heated through.
8. Divide the tortillas evenly among serving plates.
9. Spoon over the kimchi, carrot, cucumber and chicken mixture. Drizzle with mayonnaise.
10. And you're done! Seriously, it's that simple.