- 1 tbsps of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gochujang (or sriracha if gochujang isn't easily accessible)
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsps of peanut oil
- 100g of shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 3 tsps finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x 250g packets of microwavable white rice, microwaved for 40 seonds each
- 90g (1/3 cup) kimchi
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 80g (1/2 cup) of frozen peas
- 150g of snow peas, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally
Are you looking for the perfect accompaniment to your dish? Do you want to spice up dinnertime? Why not try our Crazy Good Korean Fried Rice?
Packed with bacon, snow peas and ginger, this meal will not only delight the whole family, but will also only take 20 minutes to create (yep, you read that right).
So if you don't want to compromise on flavour but you're still after a quick and easy dinner option, then look no further. Oh and it also taste just as good warmed up for lunch the next day!
1. Combine the soy sauce, gochujang, 3 tsps of sesame oil, and sugar into a small bowl and then set it aside. Whisk the eggs and the remaining sesame oil in a separate bowl before seasoning it to your taste.
2. Heat up 2 tsps of peanut oil in a wok over high heat, then add the egg mixture. Scramble the egg until it's just cooked before transferring it to a plate. Wipe the wok clean.
3. Heat the remaining peanut oil over high heat sing the same wok and stir-fry the bacon for 2 minutes or until it's golden and crisp. Add the onion and stir-fry it for 1-2 minutes or until it's softened. Stir in the ginger and garlic for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
4. Add rice, kimchi, carrot, peas, and snow peas to the mixture and stir-fry this for 1 minute or until the vegetables are tender, juicy, and crisp. Add the soy sauce mixture and stir-fry this for about 1-2 minutes or until everything's well combined and the rice is hot.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the scrambled egg. Sprinkle with shallots if you want to add a bit of extra crunch to the rice.