- 40g salted butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (40g) Almond meal
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place the butter, cacao, maple and milk in a medium heatproof jug. Place in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
2. Remove the jug from the microwave and, using a fork, whisk the mixture until it’s smooth. Break the egg into the jug and add the almond meal and vanilla. Whisk again until it’s all combined. Divide the mixture between 2 small microwave-safe mugs or ramekins.
3. Place both mugs in the microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds or until the puddings are set around the edges but still a bit wobbly in the middle.
4. Using a tea towel, carefully remove the puddings from the microwave (the mugs maybe hot to handle). Serve warm with vanilla-bean yoghurt or ice-cream on top, if you like.
Cups with metallic details don’t mix well with microwaves. Plain ceramic mugs are a good option.
Source Donna Hay