- 750g pkt frozen sweet potato chips
- 1 tbs taco seasoning
- 400g can black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) coarsely grated tasty cheddar
- 350g mixed tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs coriander leaves
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled + sliced
Do you want the fun and tasty combination of having chips, mixed in with your choice of protein, vegetables and sauces but don't want the icky grease and fat that is usually an unwanted by-product when you buy it from your local takeaway shop?
Introducing the healthier version of HSP's, Loaded Sweet Potato Fries! This super simple and easy recipe will have your kids eating (and loving) their vegetables, and will have you thanking your lucky stars that you don't have to sit with them at the kitchen table for a couple of hours, furiously insisting they can't leave until all their vegetables are gone!
Perfect for warm summer nights as a side dish or as the main meal itself, this recipe is sure to be a big dinner hit and a favourite that your family will beg you to make for many meals to come.
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Arrange the sweet potato chips in a single layer on the lined tray. Sprinkle with the taco seasoning and bake for 15 mins.
3. Turn the chips over and bake for a further 10 mins or until they're crisp and heated through.
4. Sprinkle the black beans and cheddar evenly over the chips on the tray. Bake for 5 mins or until the cheddar melts.
5. Meanwhile, combine the tomato, onion, coriander and lime juice in a medium bowl.
6. Transfer the chip mixture to a serving bowl. Top with the tomato mixture and avocado. Season to taste.
7. Dig in!