- 2 (160g each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 tsp of Mexican chilli powder
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 60g (1/4 cup) of no-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp of sriracha chilli sauce
- 8 white corn tortillas, warmed
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 300g of papaya, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/2 of a small avocado, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
Perfect to make on hot & humid Summer nights, this fun and tasty salmon recipe is sure to be enjoyed by the whole family!
Not only are these tacos super healthy and easy to make, but they're also topped with fresh papaya for the ultimate Summer taste.
Trust us, food doesn't get any better than this!
Place the salmon into a bowl and sprinkle it with chilli powder and cumin. Also make sure to season it with salt and pepper. Toss to coat thoroughly.
For the papaya salsa, combinne all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set the bowl aside so the flavours have time to develop.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the salmon and capsicum and cook, stirring the capsicum occasioanlly and turning the salmon over once, for 6 minutes or until the salmon is almost cooked through.
While the salmon is cooking, place the yoghurt into a small bowl and swirl through the chilli sauce.
Once the salmon's been cooked, flake it into pieces using a fork. Top the tortillas with capsicum, salmon and salsa. Dollop them with the chilli yoghurt, sprinkle with coriander and serve with lime edges.
Is it better to cook salmon in the oven or on the stove?
Cooking salmon on the stovetop is very easy and requires little to no fuss. By cooking salmon on the stovetop, it will be ready to eat within minutes.
How long does salmon last in the fridge?
Typically salmon, along with other fish, don't keep for very long, lasting for up to 2 days in your fridge. If you've already cooked the salmon, we recommend eating it on the same day as that's when it will be at its freshest and tastiest.
How do I know if my salmon has finished cooking?
The easiest way to tell whether your salmon is cooked is to lightly press down on the top of the fillet with either your fork or finger. If the salmon starts to flake, then it's finished cooking!