Originating in Denmark in 1956, Scanpan is now synonymous with designing non-stick cookware of the highest quality and durability. With roots in traditional craftmanship, Scanpan are dedicated to creating functional yet timeless tools suitable for every setting, from the modern home to professional kitchens.
Constantly evolving, this company is always at the forefront of innovation and technology, tirelessly working to help make you love your time in the kitchen. With numerous ranges that include the stainless steel 'Impact' range and the non-stick 'Evolution' range, Scanpan is sure to have the perfect cookware for you. However if you can't find what you're looking for perhaps their newest range might just tickle your tastebuds.
*Drum roll please*
Introducing the Scanpan 'Classic Induction' range featuring the revolutionary non-stick surface Stratanium!
Now you can be forgiven for not knowing exactly what Stratanium is or why you would want it on your cookware but trust me when I say once you try it, you'll never go back.
What is Stratanium?
Over the last two years of constant research and development, the guys at Scanpan have created Stratanium; five layers of solid particles and wave-like layers that strengthen the non-stick properties, making the Stratanium coated cookware 50% more durable when it comes to non-stick than their previous surfaces.
Subjected to an immense amount of testing, the Stratanium coating has proven that there are at least three good reasons why you should choose a Stratanium coated product:
- The frying properties are excellent so your meat will be perfectly seared/browned everytime.
- You can fry food without the need for fats, so not only does the Stratanium contribute to a healthier lifestyle, it also allows you to fry your dishes like a professional (let your inner masterchef shine).
- Due to the multiple layers of non-stick coating, including small and large hard particles that interlock with thermally sprayed layers to reinforce the non-stick coating, it's become possible to increase the total thickness and get, not only a 30% better non-stick effect but also a 30% increased toughness and durability as well as an improvement on the non-stick abrasion and overall lifetime of the product.
Why 'Classic Induction'?
This is the simpler version of what you just read above if you're having trouble understanding all the lingo. You're welcome.
Here are the reasons why you should be using Scanpan's new 'Classic Induction' range:
- The patented non-stick Stratanium surface allows for the use of any and every utensil.
- Due to the hand-cast aluminium, this product is guaranteed not to warp.
- It's made from 100% recycled alumimum and is PFOA free meaning not only will the environment love you for making a decison that's healthier for it, your body will also be singing your praises with no sign of any nasty chemicals.
- All pans, handles and lids are ovenproof up to 260°.
- Superior glass lids.
- Cleaning has never been easier (major bonus). Simply pour cold water into the pan as soon as you've finished cooking. Let it rest for a while as you're enjoying the delicious meal you just cooked. After you've finished, wash the pan out with hot soapy water and a Scotch-Brite or something similar. For stubborn stains, see the questions below.
- No stovetop gets left behind as this range is suitable for all of them.
Does anyone have any questions?
One at a time please.
Can I use it on high heat?
I'm glad you asked that. If you really want to use it on high heat you can however you must clean it properly after using oil otherwise it will burn onto the non-stick coating. We suggest heating up the pan initially and then reducing it to low or medium heat.
Is it dishwasher safe?
Please don't use your pan in the dishwasher because it might not perform as well and will wear & tear easier. All you have to do to clean it properly is as follows:
- Wait for the pan to cool.
- Using a cookware cleaner or bicarb soda, scrub the pan with the green side of a Scotch-Brite (or similar) scourer.
- Don't forget the to do the same to the outside of the pan.
- Rinse off the soap and see if you've got any remaining residue left. If you do, repeat the process and if you don't, put it away until it's ready to use again.
So whether you're already an avid buyer of Scanpan's quality cookware and just came to read up on their newest range, or if you're new to this company's brilliance and want to try the Stratanium 'Classic Induction' range for yourself, you can shop Matchbox's range of Scanpan's products in store or online today!
Alternatively, if you have any concerns or further questions not raised in this blog, feel free to pop into a store and chat to our knowledgeable staff or contact us.