- 3 cups of plain flour
- 3 tsps of instant dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
- 75g of butter, melted
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsps of fresh, flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 cups of grated pizza cheese
- 50g of Danish feta, crumpled
Cheese. Garlic Bread. Put them together and you have yourself a household favourite.
Not only is garlic bread one of the best starters on the planet (and if you think otherwise, you're wrong), but most of the time, it's super easy to make. Just like this one.
Done in simple steps, this cheesy side will hit the spot every time and will more than likely have your kids begging you to make it every night. That's a win in our book.
1. Place the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in bowl and stir well to combine. Make a well in the centre and combine the water and oil in a jug before adding the mixture to the well.
2. Stir with a butter knife until the dough comes together and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead it for 10 minutes or until it feels smooth and elastic. Place it into a large greased bowl, cover it, and set it aside in a warm place for 30 minutes. In the meantime, grease a large loaf pan.
3. Once the 30 minutes is up, turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface again and roll it into a rectangle. Combine the butter, garlic and parsley in a bowl and brush half of the mixture over the dough. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
4. Sprinkle it with 1 1/2 cups of pizza cheese and 3/4 of a cup of the feta. Roll up the dough to enclose the filling, trim the ends and cut it into 5cm-thick slices. Place the dough slices in the pre-prepared loaf pan. Cover it and set it aside in a warm place for another 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the dough with the remaining cheeses and drizzle it with the remaining butter mixture before baking it for 25 to 30 minutes. When it's ready, the bread should be golden bread (and looking delicious). Let it stand for 5 minutes and transfer it to a wire rack. Serve warm for maximum tastiness.