- 400g jar Barilla Olive pasta sauce
- 200g piece mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 16 slices (about 500g) eggplant
- 30g (1/4 cup) pre-shredded parmesan
The parma, a quintessential Aussie staple that is served in every pub in the country. While we know nothing comes close to the original chicken parma, our veggie version is pretty darn close.
Packed with enough vegetables to make you happy (and enough cheese to make the kids happy), this dinner winner can be made in 10 minutes and requires little to no effort. You're welcome.
2. Place your eggplant slices on the preheated grill, flipping them over every minute or so until the eggplant is very tender and grill marks have appeared. This should only take around 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spoon pasta sauce into a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with a lid. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until warmed through.
3. While the pasta sauce heats up, thinly slice the mozzarella and shred the basil.
4. Once the tray or pan is warm, carefully remove from the oven and place the 4 eggplant slices in the base. Split one-quarter of the pasta sauce over each of the 4 slices, spreading it evenly. Do the same thing with the mozzarella, take one-quarter of the total mozzarella and spread it over the 4 slices, and one-third of the total basil (again spread it over the 4 slices).
5. Repeat the layering 3 more times, finishing with some more mozzarella (you can never have too much cheese). Sprinkle with the schnitzel mix and parmesan. Season to taste.
6. Bake for 5 minutes or until warmed through and golden on top. Serve topped with extra basil and enjoy. It really is that easy.