- 1/4 cup (60ml) of honey
- 2 tbsps of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps of lemon juice
- 2 tsps of cornflour
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 5cm piece of ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches of baby broccoli, cut into 5cm pieces
- 300g of snow peas, ends trimmed
- 2 cups (300g) of steamed jasmine rice
Just when you thought you had all your favourite meals picked out, we're here to introduce a new must-make dish in the form of Honey & Lemon Chicken Stir-fry!
There's nothing better than the flavours of the sweet, gooey honey mixing with the acidic, sourness of the lemon (trust us), and add in some chicken (who doesn't love chicken) and a healthy amount of vegetables and you've got yourself a meal that the whole family's going to love.
3 steps and 30 minutes is all it takes to have this dinner on the table..... and we can almost guarantee your kids will do their homework and go to bed when they're supposed to once they've finished eating it.
1. Combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and cornflour in a small bowl (we can practically already smell the delicious aromas that are no doubt making you salivate right now).
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry one-third of the chicken for 2-3 mins or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer these to a plate. Repeat in 2 more batches with the remaining chicken and another 2 teaspoons of oil.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the wok before stir-frying the onion, ginger and garlic for 2 mins or until lightly browned. Add the baby broccoli and snow peas. Stir-fry them for 1 min or until bright green. Return the chicken to the wok with the honey mixture and stir-fry this for 2-3 mins or until sauce boils and thickens.
4. Divide the rice and the stir-fry among serving bowls and watch your family lick them clean.