- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 200g of brown cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup (100g) of korma curry paste
- 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 165ml of coconut milk
- 2 tsp of vegetable stock powder
- 2 x 400g cans of lentils, rinsed & drained
- 60g packet of baby spinach
- 450g packet of microwavable basmati rice
Nothing says comfort food like a nice, warm, home-cooked curry, are we right?
With this recipe, that's exactly what you're going to get! This vegetarian dish is perfect for the long, cold Winter nights we know we have coming up (we wish we could pretend it was still Summer too), and is super duper easy to make. No seriously, it takes less than 15 minutes.
A great way for your kids to eat their veggies, this is the perfect hearty meal for when you want to stay warm inside (and we're not just talking about staying indoors).
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil before adding the eggs. Cook for 7 minutes for semi-soft yolks or until they're cooked to your liking. Refresh them under cold water.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook the onion for 2 minutes or until they soften. Then add the mushroom and cook it for 3 minutes or until tender (you know the drill by now).
3. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until aromatic. Then add the tomato, coconut milk and stock to the mushroom mixture in the pan. Stir the mixture to combine.
4. Stir in the lentils, then bring the mixture to a simmer before adding the spinach. Make sure this is combined, then remove from the heat.
5. While the mushroom mixture is cooking, heat the rice in the microwave following the packet instructions.
6. Peel each egg and cut them in half. Divide the rice and lentil mixture evenly among serving bowls. Top it with the half cut eggs and enjoy!