- 4 large field mushrooms
- 2 tbs sweet soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, mashed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 4 grain bread rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup (80g) finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup (20g) alfalfa sprouts
We all know that convincing your kids to eat their recommended 5 servings of veggies a day can be tough. Don't worry though, we have the solution.
Why not make our Asian-style mushroom burgers?
Packed with as many veggies as possible, fooling your kids to eat healthily has never been easier, and that's not even the best part. They only take 10 minutes to cook (high fives each other)!
We don't wanna tell you that you need to make this right now but we're also saying exactly that. Make it right now.
1. Heat a large chargrill pan on medium before lightly spraying each mushroom with an olive oil spray and soy sauce.
2. Cook on the grill, turning it over every minute or so and brushing it with soy sauce, for about 5 mins or until the mushrooms are almost tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cook for a further 1 minute or until the sesame seeds are roasted & toasted.
3. Meanwhile, combine the avocado, lemon juice, and miso paste in a small mixing bowl and season to taste.
4. Spread the avocado mixture evenly over the cut sides of the rolls. Place the roll bases on your serving plate and top them with the mushrooms, cabbage, carrot and alfalfa sprouts.
5. Place the top of the buns on top of your veggie stack and serve immediately. We have to admit, we're jealous you get to eat these.