- 5 x 35g Mars bars
- 200g milk cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) thickened cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 80ml (1/3 cup) caramel sauce
Who doesn't abso-lute-ly love chocolate mousse? If you say no then you're most definitely wrong.
But this isn't any old chocolate mousse. This mousse has Mars bars in it. Yep, that means you get chocolate and caramel (if there's ever been a better combo, then we'll wait).
A light, fluffy and whipped dessert that'll have you feeling like you could eat a million glasses worth, this mousse gets tastier so leave them in the fridge for up to 2 days. It might sound like a long time but honestly, it's worth it.
1. Finely chop 4 out of the 5 Mars bars and place them in a microwave-safe bowl before adding the chocolate and cream. Microwave the mixture oh high, stirring every minute, for 8-10 minutes or until everything is melted and smooth. Set this aside (and try not to eat it) for 10 minutes so it can cool slightly.
2. Using a balloon whisk, whisk the yolks into the chocolate mixture. Place them in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
3. In a separate, clean mixing bowl, use electric beats to to whisk the egg whites until soft, fluffy peaks form. Add the icing sugar mixture and whisk everything together until it's combined and glossy. Set this aside.
4. Use the beaters again (but make sure you clean them first) to whisk the chocolate mixture until it begins to hold its shape and a ribbon trail forms when the beaters are lifted. Do NOT overbeat them. Slowly fold in the egg white mixture until everything's well combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into 6 serving glasses and place them in the fridge for 2 hours so they can set and chill out a bit. Cut the remaining Mars bar into slices and decorate the top of the mousse with them. Drizzle them with caramel sauce for a bit of extra decadence and deliciousness. Enjoy!
*NOTE*, this mousse gets tastier and tastier with age so leave them in the fridge for up to 2 days.....if you can wait that long!