- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 300g chopped cooked chicken
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 1-2 tsp smoking chipotle seasoning, to taste
- 150g grated three cheese blend (or use more if you're feeling extra cheesy, which should be always)
- 6 large wholemeal wraps
- 50g baby spinach, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tomato, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
We all know Mexican food may be one of the more superior cuisines out there (who doesn't love tacos) but we think there's one particular dish that's so underrated and that's the good ol' quesadilla!
Filled with everything you could want, including yummy chicken, smoky chipotle seasoning, fresh vegetables, and more cheese than is absolutely necessary, this dinner idea is basically your one-way ticket to being the best parent ever.
Made in just half an hour, sink your teeth into these easy cheesy chicken wraps today.
1. Place the beans in a large mixing bowl and use a fork to lightly mash these. Add the chicken, capsicum, shallots, and chipotle seasoning and stir to combine.
3. Scatter the remaining cheese and fold each wrap in half to make sure the filling is neatly tucked in.
4. Place 2 filled wraps in the pan, pressing to seal all the juices in. Then place a heatproof plate on top and cook for about 1-2 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn the wraps and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until crisp, golden and cheese is all gooey.
5. Transfer to a plate and cover it with foil to keep it warm. Repeat with the remaining filled wraps.
6. Enjoy your Mexican feast or we'll do it for you!