- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 100g of blue cheese, crumbled (you could substitute this for your favourite cheese)
- 40g of walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 1/2 tsps of extra virgin olive oil
- Baby herbs, to serve
If you're trying to think of ways to spice up your date nights, why not pretend you're in a fancy restaurant and have a go at making our cheesy baked mushrooms?
Okay, we know they don't sound like they'd wow your significant other but not only are they super easy to make, but they'll also take you hardly any time at all! Oh, and they also taste really good.
But you don't have to take our word for it! These simple, cheesy mushies are perfect for adding a touch of elegance to your evening, and in 3 steps, how could you possibly go wrong?
1. First things first, preheat the oven to 200ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper before placing the mushrooms on the tray.
2. Sprinkle the mushrooms with copious amounts of cheese, followed by the walnuts and thyme. Drizzle the mushrooms with oil and season them to your taste.
3. Bake them for 20 minutes or until the cheese melts perfectly and the mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle them with herbs if you want the extra flavour.
4. That's it, you're done! Enjoy your mushies!