- 6 fresh lasagne sheets
- 60ml (1/4 cup) of olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 1 bunch of spinach, rinsed & chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 250g of fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsps of basil pesto, plus extra to serve
- 40g (1/4 cup) of pine nuts, toasted & coarsely chopped
- 100g of chedder cheese, coarsely grated
- 30g of butter
- 300g tub of creamy pumpkin soup
- Fresh basil leaves, torn, to serve
Are you obsessed with cheese? Do you like to eat it with every meal you have? If the answer is yes then you'll absolutely love these spinach and ricotta pasta parcels!
Not only will this hearty dinner fill up your stomach but it will also provide you with some much-needed warmth during these cold winter nights. Packed with healthy nutrients, this dish will have your family lining up for seconds, and that's a fact!
1. Cook the lasagne sheets in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until softened. Remove them from the saucepan and place them flat on a clean surface.
2. Meanwhile, heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Cook the shallots, stirring them for 1 minute. Add the spinach and zucchini, and cook them, constantly stirring for about 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are just wilted. Let them cool and stir through the ricotta, pesto and half of the pine nuts and cheese. Season this mixture to your taste and preheat the grill on high.
3. Spoon the mixture onto the lasagne sheets and roll them to make logs. Heat the remaining oil and butter in a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the rolls, seam-side down and cook them for 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour over the soup and scatter with the remaining cheese. Place under the grill for 5-10 minutes until it's bubbling. Scatter with the remaining pine nuts, and top it with the extra pesto and olive oil. Top with torn basil leaves and get ready to dig in!