- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsely leaves
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Praise whole-egg mayonnaise
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
For all you veggie lovers out there we bring you the perfect snack that's healthy, tasty and will also have you meeting the required serving of vegetables for the day. Hell yeah.
Introducing the Unforgettable Veggie Fritters!
Ideal for just about any occasion from a picnic with the fam to a sophisticated dinner, your guests are bound to be impressed with these delicious, bite-sized delights!
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and arrange the tomatoes on it. Season them with salt and pepper to your taste and roast them for 8 to 10 minutes or until they're starting to collapse (just like your will to live to when Christmas is 2 days out and you still have to buy a leg of ham and a present for your old and cranky Aunt Susan). Set aside.
2. Combine the carrot, zucchini, capsicum, corn, onion, parsley and flour in a bowl. Add the egg in and stir to combine.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 heaped tablespoon of the veggie mixture. Using a spatula, flatten it slightly and repeat the process to make 8 fritters.
4. Cook them for 2 minutes each side or until they're nice and golden or cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel (to catch all the excess oil that absolutely no one needs).
5. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 24 fritters. Let them cool slightly before placing them on a plate to serve. Dollop each fritter with 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise and add a tomato on top. Now they're ready to serve and eat instantly.