- 100ml of your favourite whisky
- 60ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 whole egg white
- 4 tsps of sugar
- Lemon slices, to garnish
- Maraschino cherries, to garnish
Is it time to make at-home date nights a little bit fancy?
If the answer is yes (of course the answer is yes), then why not try out our Whisky Sour recipe?
This classic cocktail is super easy to make (you'll have it done in just 5 minutes), and is sure to please your sour, lemon-loving taste buds! With the perfect mix of sweet and sour, this alcohol-filled staple will have you feelin' good in no time.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add some ice cubes to the mixture and shake it for 10-15 seconds (this is where the time you've spent at the bench press and doing pushups will pay off!)
3. Strain into a glass filled and pop some more ice cubes in there or some whisky rocks.
4. Serve with a lemon slice and a cherry on top. Enjoy!
Image via thespruceeats.com
What whiskey is the best to use to make a whiskey sour?
The best whiskey to use is a bourbon. Bourbon has quite a strong flavour, and by using this particular whiskey when making a whiskey sour, it ensures the flavour won't be lost when mixed with other ingredients.
How does the egg white effect the taste of the cocktail?
To get straight to the point, the egg white is practically flavourless. It basically just helps to reduce the amount of acidity in the drink (from the lemons) and helps to bind all of the flavours together.
Do you shake or stir a whiskey sour?
It's best to shake a wiskey sour and then strain the drink into a glass filled with ice cubes. If you want your drink even more chilled, include ice in the cocktail shaker before shaking it.