- 1 cup (150g) of plain flour
- 2 Australian free range eggs
- 20g of butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) of milk
- Melted butter, extra to grease
- 3 oranges, zested & juiced to make 3/4 cup (185ml) of orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup (110g) of caster sugar
- 150g of butter, extra, chopped
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 oranges, extra, peeled & segmented
If you're after something a bit sweeter and just that little bit more naughty for breakfast then don't we have the perfect treat for you!
Introducing Crafty Crepes with Cinnamon Oranges!
With cinnamon-infused oranges and sticky orange syrup, this recipe is sure to be a big hit with the family. Guaranteed to sweeten up your day, these crepes are easy to make aid in imagination as you can pretend you're eating them in a street corner in Paris somewhere rather than at your kitchen bench in yesterday's trackies.
1. Place the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and combine the eggs, butter and milk in a jug. Gradually whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture until they're both well combined and the mixture is smooth.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat before brushing it with melted butter. Pour 1/4 cup (60ml) of batter into the pan and swirl it so it fits the base of the pan. Cook it for 1-2 min or until it's lightly golden and just set. Use a spatula to turn it and cook for a further 30 seconds or until it's golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat the process to make 8 crepes.
3. Meanwhile, place the orange juice, orange zest, extra sugar, chopped butter and cinnamon into a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then increase the heat and simmer it for about 10 mins or until it's thickened slightly. Stir in the orange segments.
4. Fold the crepes in half and divide among serving plates. Top with orange segments and drizzle with orange syrup.
5. There is no step 5, enjoy your crepes!