We understand that it can be hard sometimes to entertain the kids and try to figure out what you're going to make for dinner but what if we told you there was a way to do both?
Well there is....by allowing them to help you out in the kitchen! Not only will they have the best time coming up with fun & tasty concoctions but it also takes the pressure off you. You're welcome.
Try out this yummy recipe to make pizza in three easy ways!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Serves: 1 Large Pizza
- pre-prepared pizza dough (for the recipe, click here)
- 1 cup (250ml) of bbq sauce
- 1 2/3 (150g) of mozzarella cheese
- Handful of thinly sliced red onion
- Handful of thinly sliced green capsicum
- Large handful of shredded chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 230ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper. Pop your pizza dough on the tray and spread the pizza base with the barbecue sauce. Scatter the base with a handful of mozzarella cheese.
2. Top it with the onion, capsicum and chicken before spreading the remaining cheese over the top.
3. Bake for 20-35 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the base is nice and crisp.
English Muffin Pepperoni Pizzas
Serves: 8 mini pizzas
- 4 english muffins, sliced down the centre
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan
- 50g of sliced pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1/4 tsp of dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC before putting the english muffins in the toaster until they're slightly golden, and crisp on the top and bottom.
2. Arrange the muffins, cut side up, on a foil lined baking tray. Spoon a generous tablespoon of pizza sauce over each muffin half. Top these with the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and oregano.
3. Place the pizzas in the oven for a few minutes, until the cheese is melted, bubbling and slightly golden. Serve immediately, because why wait?
Pesto Pita Bread Pizzas
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 flat pita breads
- 1 small jar of your favourite pesto sauce
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 100g of feta cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- a handful of fresh spinach leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC before lining a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pita bread on the tray. Put the pesto sauce on the pita bread and sprinkle the spinach over the top.
2. Layer the mushrooms, tomatoes, and feta cheese over the spinach. Top them with the mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Remove them from the oven, cut into slices and watch your kids eat every single bite!