- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 450g lean diced beef
- 1 large red onion, cut into 2cm pieces
- 16 baby cos lettuce leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 16 large fresh mint leaves
- 2 small lemons, each cut into 6 wedges
- 8 skewers, presoaked in water for 30 mins
Well ladies and gentlemen, dinner can't get any simpler than this!
Perfect for summer days (and those days where you can't really be bothered cooking), this recipe is not only extremely healthy for you (come through iron) but also so tasty that even the toughest of little critics will enjoy!
Serve with a few more sides like our very own 'Loaded + Lovable Sweet Potato Fries' or just by itself, this versatile meal makes for a fantastic starter if you're hosting a party and need some nibble ideas or as part of a bigger dinner. Regardless of what the plan is, you won't regret making these!
1. Preheat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine the salt, white pepper, black pepper and oil in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the beef and toss the mixture for an even coat. Thread the beef and onion onto the skewers (you'll enjoy this part, it's so satisfying).
2. Chargrill the skewers, turning, for 5 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking (but don't be that person who loves their meat well done, or in other words, unchewable).
3. Transfer the beef to a tray and cover it loosely with foil. Allow it to stand for 5 minutes to let it rest.
4. Meanwhile, place the lettuce leaves, in a single layer, on a large serving platter. Top each of the lettuce leaves with bean sprouts and a bit of mint.
5. To serve, place 1 beef skewer on top of each lettuce leaf and serve with lemon wedges.
6. Enjoy all the meaty, crispy, lettuce-y yumminess.