'Tis the season for long, boozy brunches, let-your-hair-down work functions and 'I need to have a drink in my hand at all times to get through long lunches.
That's right, the summer season is in full swing and with it comes the need for tasty alcoholic beverages so we've written up a guide on how to make the best, most creative and fun cocktails you could ever imagine drinking (okay we might have exaggerated a bit but we'll leave that up to you to decide).
From cocktail ice to drink dispensers, with a few recipes mixed in for good measure, we have you covered with all the products you most definitely, absolutely need for cocktail making.
Cocktail Making 101
Keep your drinks cool without diluting them with the Avanti Ice Cube Set Stainless Steel - 4 Piece Set. These cubes are filled with an inner coolent that freezes to keep your drinks chilled for longer, perfect for those hot summer nights....if summer ever gets here!
- Made from stainless steel
- Set of 4
- Food safe freezing gel inside
- Won't dilute your drinks
- Hand wash recommended
- Dimensions: 2.5cm x 2.5cm x 2.5cm
Make sure your cocktails are perfect every single time with the Avanti Art Deco Cocktail Shaker. Made with stainless steal so you're guaranteed to be shaking and stirring cocktails for many parties to come, this shaker will make sure you haven't put too much tequila or too little gin!
With a strainer in the lid for an easy pour, everyone will soon be jealous of your awesome cocktail making skills.
- Capacity: 700ml
- Stainless Steel Beaker
- Strainer in Lid
- Hand Wash Recommended
Accurately pour every time with the Bartender Combo Spirit & Cocktail Measure. This handy tool combines a pourer and a measurer that doubles as a dust cover cap for you to make smooth pours and accurate measurements without having to enlist the help of several tools.
- Made from durable plastic
- 2-in-1 Spirit pourer and measure
- BPA free
- Capacity: 30ml
- Hand wash recommended
Once you've nailed your cocktail making, it only makes sense to serve it in something equally as pretty!
Bring a touch of old school glamour back into your household with the Bormioli Mixology Cocktail 225ml 4 Pack. Made of high-quality crystalline glass that is free from lead and is resistant to chipping, these glasses feature a slightly small and rounded bowl shape that allows the gin to perfectly aerate. Designed with a flower-like pattern around the bowl, sipping your cocktail out of this glass automatically gives a sophisticated air to every dinner party.
- Made from crystalline glass
- Set of 4
- Capacity: 225ml (each glass)
- Featuring a flower-like pattern
- Dishwaser top rack only
- Made in Italy
Passion Fruit Martini
Tasting (and looking) like you should be on a beach somewhere, this cocktail is bursting with zingy flavours and is guaranteed to keep you cool and hydrated.
- 2 ripe passion fruits, halved
- 60ml vanilla vodka
- 30ml passoa
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sugar syrup
- Prosecco, to serve
1. Scoop the seeds from one of the passion fruits into the glass of a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, passoa, lime juice and sugar syrup.
2. Add a handful of ice and shake well. Strain into 2 martini glasses and top up with prosecco, then add half a passion fruit to each.
3. Serve immediately.
Pink Gin Iced Tea
Perfect for sharing in a jug, this cocktail is super refreshing and will keep you nice and hydrated during outdoor garden parties and park picnics.
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 100ml pink gin
- 100ml spiced rum
- 100ml elderflower cordial
- 100ml pink grapefruit juice
- Thyme sprigs, to garnish
1. Brew the chamomile tea bag with 500ml boiling water, steep for 2-3 minutes or following pack instructions. Remove the bag and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Pour into a large jug or drink dispenser with pink gin, rum, elderflower cordial and juice.
3. Add ice and stir, then add the thyme sprigs and stir again before serving.
- Large handful of ice
- 100ml vodka
- 500ml tomato juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, plus 2 slices to serve
- Few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- Few shakes of Tabasco sauce
- Pinch of celery salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 celery sticks, to serve
1. Place the ice in a large jug and measure the vodka, tomato juice and lemon juice before pouring it straight onto the ice.
2. Add 3 shakes of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco (or more if you're about that spice life) and a pinch of celery, as well as a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until the outside of the jug feels cold, then strain the cocktail into 2 tall glasses.
3. Top up with fresh ice, add a celery stick and a lemon slice to both glasses and enjoy immediately.