- 8 bake-at-home white dinner rolls
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 120g pâté (this is optional if you're not into that eating liver)
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 150g (1/2 cup) S & W Spicy Sriracha Whole Egg Mayonnaise (or if you have a favourite, use that)
- 2 green shallots, thinly, diagonally sliced
- 2 long fresh chillies, thinly sliced (skip this ingredient if you don't want your mouth to burn)
- 1 cup fresh coriander sprigs
Hold up, you no longer have to travel to the local Asian fusion restaurant to get your fave sandwich? That's right everyone, you can now make it at home. Hurray!
Packed with succulent chicken thighs and veggies, accompanied by a kick from your best friend 'spicy sriracha mayo', these banh mi sliders will have you drooling at the mouth, literally.
Bound to be a hit with the whole family, these mini Asian delights can be served at your next party or as a starter at the upcoming outdoor BBQ you're going to. Maybe you could even make them for dinner tonight? What we're trying to say is they're perfect for every occasion in every season of every year.
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Place the bread rolls onto a baking tray and bake for 5-8 mins or until nicely golden brown & crisp. Set them aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a grill pan over medium heat. Season the chicken and cook, turning for 8-10 mins or until golden and cooked through, all the way through (you don't want to accidentally give your family salmonella).
3. Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool and then thinly slice it.
4. Cut the rolls down the middle but don't cut right through them. Spread the pâté (if you're into that) and then fill the rolls with the chicken, carrot, cucumber, mayonnaise, shallot, chilli and coriander.
5. Serve and eat them (we're so jealous).