- 1 packet of linguine
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 2 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of fresh basil, snipped
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium capsicum, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of tomatoes, stewed
- 220g of cooked shrimp, with tails
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
If you're looking for the perfect meal to help kick start Easter celebrations this year then we nominate this pasta dish!
Packed with flavour, this creamy linguine with garlic prawns is not only guaranteed to fill you up but it'll also be a hit with the whole family.
The best part? It'll be on your table, ready to be eaten in 25 minutes. We don't know about you but our Easter feast is looking pretty good this year....
1. Cook the pasta according to packet directions, drain it and then set it aside but make sure to keep it warm.
2. Combine the chicken stock, cornstarch and snipped or dried basil in a small mixing bowl before setting it aside as well.
3. Meanwhile, cook the mushrooms, capsicum, and garlic in hot oil in a large frypan for about 3 minutes or until the pepper is slightly tender.
4. Add the stock mixture and undrained tomatoes, cook and stir till it's nice and bubbly.
5. Add the prawns then cover and simmer it for about 2 minutes or till the sauce is heated through.
6. Then spoon the prawn mixture over the pasta, and if you want, top it with cheese (yes please) and garnish it with fresh basil leaves. We bet you there won't be anything left on the plate. Yep, this dish is that good.