- 75g (1/2 cup) of self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 150g (1/2 cup) Nutella, plus extra to serve.
- Vanilla ice-cream to serve, optional (but also who wouldn't want ice-cream?!)
- Sliced strawberries to serve, optional
You can't go wrong with a standard crepe when it comes to making a special breakfast or a light, tasty dessert. Making you feel as if you're walking along the Seine in Paris on a cold Winter's morning, these crepes are the perfect sweet treat if you want to escape (but still remain at home)!
But, these aren't just your ordinary crepes. These crepes are Nutella flavoured and made with just three ingredients. Yes, you read that right.
Bound to cheer you and your family up on even the gloomiest of days, these crepes will take practically no time to make and will most definitely ensure you satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
1. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the center for your liquids. Whisk the eggs, Nutella, and 125ml (1/2 cup) of water in a jug until it's nice and smooth. Pour the egg mixture into the well and stir everything until it's combined. Set this aside for 10 minutes to rest.
2. Grease a small non-stick frying pan and heat in on medium heat before adding 2 tbsps of the crepe batter to the pan, swirling it around to make a 16cm crepe. Don't worry if your crepe isn't exactly this size or as thin as traditional crepes would be.
3. Cook the crepe for 2 minutes or until it's lightly browned underneath and almost set on the top. Carefully turn (so as not to rip them) and cook for a further 30 seconds. Make sure the heat isn't too high or you might burn your crepes! Once it's cooked, transfer it to a plate and keep it warm.
4. Repeat the above process with the remaining batter to make roughly 12 crepes. Divide the crepes among the serving plates and drizzle them with some extra warmed Nutella (because there's no such thing as too much chocolate).
5. Serve them with ice-cream and strawberries with something a little extra. Dig in! We're so jealous.