- In a saucepan combine the sugar and water.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the saucepan from the heat and add in the raspberries.
- Allow the mixture to steep for at least one day.
* The simple syrup will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle or crush the lime and mint leaves.
- Add in 1/2 ounce or 1 tablespoon raspberry simple syrup, the white rum and raspberry liqueur.
- Add ice, cover, shake, and then serve in a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a raspberry.