- 600g of chicken thighs, boneless, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 medium sized carrots, cut diagonally into strips
- 1 medium sized sweet onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tbsps of all-purpose flour
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 300g of baby potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsely
- 3 sticks of celery, cut into strips
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Are you standing in front of the fridge wondering what to make for dinner tonight?
Wonder no more! Our One-Pot Chicken Stew will not only fill up the whole family's belly with tasty goodness but it's also super healthy and really easy to make!
Made all in the one pot (hence the name), this stew is made with tender chicken chunks and all your favourite veggies! Add some toasted bread as a finishing touch and this meal is guaranteed to warm you up on even the chilliest of Winter nights.
1. Before you start any of the cooking, season the chicken with salt & pepper to taste (no one likes bland chicken).
2. Heat the oil in a dutch oven, over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until it's brown on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
3. Add the carrots and onions to the dutch oven and cook, stirring often, until onions begin to soften, which is usually about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring nonstop. Add the celery and 1/2 cup of chicken stock while stirring and scraping to loosen the browned bits from the bottom of the dutch oven.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and 1/2 cup of stock before adding it to the dutch oven. Stir in the chicken and remaining 4 cups of chicken stock. Add the bay leaf and season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 25 minutes, partially covered.
5. Add the potatoes and cook uncovered until they are tender, about 20 minutes. The liquid will slightly reduce even further. Stir in parsley and discard bay leaf before serving.
6. Serve immediately because we know you're hungry.