- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed & chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 4 slices of pancetta, chopped
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, halved
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 200g of small button mushrooms
- 4 chat (baby) potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of dry white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) of chicken stock
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of tarragon
- 1/2 (125ml) of cream
- Sea salt & cracked pepper, to season
Are you tired of all the same old meals? Do you want to try something different? How about this super tasty one pot chicken recipe?
Designed to warm you up on even the coldest of nights, this dish is both quick and easy and made to please the whole family. Ready in just 30 minutes, this dish isn't short on flavour and we can guarantee it's going to be a mid-week meal you'll remember long after you've licked the plate clean!
Recipe via Donna Hay.
1. Heat a casserole dish over medium- high heat. Add the oil, leek, garlic and pancetta to the pan and cook for 1 minute or until everything's golden. Dust the chicken with flour and cook it for 2 minutes each side or until it's golden.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook them for 2 minutes. Then add the potatoes, wine, stock, thyme and tarragon, reduce the heat, and cover it before simmering for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
3. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper (to your liking), serve on it's own or plate up with a side of veggies and enjoy!