- 900g packet of frozen potato wedges
- 4 x 250g of Australian Scoth Fillet steaks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of extra virgin oilive oil
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 2/3 cup of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup of oregano, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seed and finely chopped
- 3 tsps of white vinegar
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to garnish
Let's be honest, nothing beats a hearty steak dinner in Winter (and if you think anything different then you're wrong). The juicy strips of slightly pink meat, the juices/sauce that perfectly accompany it and your favourite sides all combine to make a meal that the whole family's guaranteed to love.
This quick and easy dinner can be made and on the table in just 35 minutes (that's got to be some kind of record)! Better than any restaurant-served steak, this dish is both healthy and extremely tasty, and we wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being one of your weeknight regulars!
1. Preheat the oven and bake the wedges per the packet instructions.
2. While they're cooking, brush the steaks with 1 tbsp of oil before sprinkling them with the paprika. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the steaks for about 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer the steaks to a a plate, cover them so that they remain hot and set them aside for 5 minutes to rest.
3. Combine the remaining oil, chopped parsley, oregano, garlic, chilli and vinegar in a small mixing bowl. Season this mixture to your taste.
4. Divide the steaks, and the wedges (once they've cooked), among serving plates. Drizzle the chimichurri sauce over the steaks and top it with some parsley leaves. Enjoy your hard work!