- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- Your choice of food colouring
- 2 tsps of cream or tartar or baking soda
Yep, the school holidays are coming up again (where did the time go) and if you live in Victoria that means another 2 weeks spent trying to entertain your kids.
Luckily for you, we have an idea that will keep the kids (and maybe even the big kids at heart) happy and entertained for hours! Drum roll please.........
Why not try making play dough?
Super easy to make, play dough will provide your children with a fun way to waste time or an activity for a rainy afternoon. Made in just 10 minutes (meaning the little ones can get their hands on it pretty much straight away), this play dough only requires a few household ingredients and is guaranteed to cement you as the best parent ever!
1. In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix well.
2. Mix the food colouring with water first before you add the vegetable oil and the food colouring mixed with water to a large pot. Mix them together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to your pot and combine them together.
4. Cook the mixture over low to medium heat until the dough starts to form and becomes dry.
5. When it starts to come together to form a ball shape and looks fully cooked, take the mixture off the heat and let it cool before you start touching it.
6. Once it's cool, knead the dough for 5 minutes to make it nice and soft.
7. Repeat the process to create different coloured batches of play dough. Have fun!