- 1kg baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 chorizo, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3/4 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp's white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp's Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/3 cup drained pickled baby cucumbers
Are you off to a bbq this weekend? Are you hosting Christmas lunch and are in the need of something a little bit different to serve alongside the ham and turkey? Maybe you're not doing either of those things?
Whichever scenario accurately represents your situation, you're bound to love this fully loaded, creamy potato salad!
Perfect as a side dish, appetiser or as the main meal itself, this salad will everyone asking for more (and that's a promise).
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover it with cold water. Bring it to the boil over high heat before reducing the heat to medium.
2. Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes or until they're tender. Drain and give them a little shower, or in other words, rinse them under cold water, before draining them again.
3. Meanwhile, place the chorizo in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook it for 8 - 10 minutes or until it's nice and crispy. Remove from the heat (crispy's good, burnt is bad).
4. Whisk the mayonnaise, yoghurt, vinegar, mustard, and sugar in a large bowl. Season it to your taste and combine the potato, celery, onion, spinach, chorizo, egg, and pickled cucumbers in the same bowl as the mayonnaise mixture.
5. Drizzle with dressing and serve. How easy was that?!?