- 400g pkt Coles Pork Belly Bites
- 2 cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 long green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp ginger, finely grated
Holiday season has come out of nowhere this year (and we mean nowhere), and with that comes Christmas parties, end-of-year get-togethers and work break-ups!
What goes perfectly with a celebration you may ask? You guessed it. Food!
Wow your dinner party guests with this Asian-style appetiser, that comes with its very own sweet & spicy dipping sauce and is packed full of flavour. We can guarantee everyone will be wanting the recipe!
1. Cook the pork belly bites following the packet instructions (how easy was that?!?)
2. Meanwhile, to make the sweet and spicy sauce, combine the sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, vinegar and 2 tbsps of water in a small saucepan over low heat.
3. Cook for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens slightly. Remove it from the heat and stir in the chilli (if you're using it), the garlic and the ginger. Set it aside to cool completely.
4. Arrange the pork and cucumber in a serving dish and drizzle it with sauce. Wasn't that the easiest appetiser you've ever made? We think yes.