- 2 red capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1 1/4 cups of almond meal
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs (can be substituted with flax eggs for vegans)
- 1/2 cup of nut milk of choice
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Don't worry if you just had to google hemp (we had to do it before writing this), but it's jam-packed with essential fatty acids and healthy fats that'll give you all the vitamin E you need to run marathons, swim the bass strait and ski down Mt. Bulla.
Combined with the sweet capsicum, spciy chilli and minty basil, this little muffin will have you feeling like the wellness queen you are in no time....
Embrace the health life and get baking!_______________________________________________________METHOD1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the capsicum on a tray, rub the oil over them so they're covered in a nice, little oil blanket before putting them to bed. Or if you could put them in the oven and cook them for 20 minutes.
2. Once cooked, transfer them onto a board and chop them roughly into small, bite-size pieces and place them to one side.
3. Squeeze the lemon into a large bowl, adding the capsicum, the almond meal, buckwheat flour, eggs, nut milk, most of the chilli flakes (set some aside), most of the hemp hearts (set some of these aside too), the baking powder, salt, coconut oil and black pepper. Mix these all together thouroughly, making sure everything is combined.
4. Pour the mixture into a muffin tin, place them in the oven and cook them for about 35 minutes or until they're nicely golden brown.
5. Sit down, relax and enjoy. Maybe after you've eaten you could go to the gym....or put on Netflix.
Recipe courtesy of our friends at The Haus Of Health