- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 6 carrots, sliced into thin pieces
- 2 small white potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- Kernels from 2 cobs of fresh corn
- ½ cup of dry red lentils
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 2 heaped teaspoons of cumin
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dry chilli flakes
- Salt, fresh dill or coriander, extra chili flakes and Greek yoghurt (to serve)
- Place all ingredients except for the dill/coriander and yoghurt in a large pot.
- Cover with water and boil until the lentils and carrots are very tender.
- Blend with a stick blender - I didn't take it to totally smooth, but it's up to you.
- Add salt to taste (I needed probably a teaspoon for the pot, but everyone's different), and serve topped with fresh dill or coriander, a little greek yoghurt & extra chilli flakes
Recipe via Healthy Natty.