- 500g of beef & pork mince
- 500g jar of tomato and pasta sauce
- 300g of spaghetti
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Finely chopped flat leaf parsely, to serve
Spoil Mum this Mother's Day and make one of her favourite meals of all time - spaghetti bolognese!
This traditional pasta dish uses 5 ingredients and only 15 minutes of your time (we can guarantee it'll be eaten up just as quick)!
Perfect to make as dinner for the whole family, this super easy dish is bound to bring everyone together in appreciation of everything mum does.
1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat then add the mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for about 3 mins or until it's cooked through.
2. Add the pasta sauce and ½ cup (125ml) of water. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until the sauce thickens slightly.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook it, stirring often, for 8 mins or until it's tender but still firm to the bite. Drain it, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
4. Add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss it to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten the mixture as needed. Season it with salt and pepper and top with as much parmesan and parsley as you want.