- 1 cup grated cucumber (from about 1 medium 10-ounce cucumber, no need to peel or seed the cucumber first)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint and/or dill
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Working with one big handful at a time, squeeze the grated cucumber between your palms over the sink to remove excess moisture. Transfer the squeezed cucumber to a small serving bowl, and repeat with the remaining cucumber.
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to the bowl, and stir to blend. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to meld. Taste and add additional chopped fresh herbs, lemon juice, and/or salt, if necessary.
- Serve tzatziki immediately or chill for later. Leftover tzatziki keeps well, chilled, for about 4 days. Pack it in Fuel's Snack n Dip to take to work.
Recipe by Cookie + Kate