- 125g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
Have you found some amazing decorating designs you want to try out but can't really remember how to make the perfect cupcake to put them on?
Don't worry, you're not alone! Sometimes the simplest of tasks can be the hardest to do but this basic vanilla cupcake recipe is not only super quick and easy, but it'll have you wanting to make these sweet treats for every occasion.
If you want some icing or decorating ideas, try our own 'Roses are Red' buttercream cupcakes or try making your very own 'Pupcake'. Get baking!
1. Line 2 x 12 hole cup cake pan trays with paper cases.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl of an electric mixer, beat on low speed until all ingredients are combined.
3. Then beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and until it has darkened slightly in colour.
4. Divide into paper cases and bake at 180° for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.