Serves 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 30 mins
- 2 tbsp dried hibiscus flowers
- 4 rooibos teabags
- 1 cup (250ml) pomegranate juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- Honey to sweeten
- 1 orange, cut into 7 thin slices
- Extra cinnamon sticks to serve
- Combine the hibiscus flowers, rooibos tea bags, pomegranate juice and 4 cups of water in a medium sized saucepan over a high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Add cinnamon stick, cardamom and 1 slice of orange rind. Place lid on top and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and strain tea into teapot to remove all spices.
- Sweeten with honey as desired and serve tea with orange slices and cinnamon sticks.